These General Terms and Conditions apply to the rental and booking of our
Zee en Zon Beach Houses
Boulevard Zeezijde 19
2225 BB Katwijk aan Zee
You are welcome to book via our site www.strandhuisjeszeeenzon.nl. Your booking will be definite immediately upon receipt of the deposit. You will receive a confirmation via e-mail within 24 hours.
The operator confirms the booking within 24 hours after receipt of the booking and the deposit. Please check and verify this confirmation upon receipt. If you have not received the confirmation within 24 hours, please contact us by e-mail.
Cost of rental
The following items are included in the rental amount:
• The rent of the beach house mentioned on the website strandhuisjeszeeenzon.nl
• Water, electricity and VAT
• Kitchen package (consisting of dishwashing brush, towel, tea towel and 2 dishwasher tablets)
• Sheet package (consisting of pillow, mattress and duvet cover; beds will be made for you)
The rental amount does not include:
• Tourist tax €1.25 p.p.p.n.
• Final cleaning €75.- (You are asked to leave the beach house swept clean with no washing-up at check out; if this is not observed, additional cleaning costs are charged)
Optional extra items:
• High chair € 10.-
• Cot €10.-
• Towels package €6.50 p.p.
• Parking-subscription card. €15.- (weekend), €20.- (midweek), €25.- (week).
If you lose this card we are obliged to charge €15.-.
The tenant must make a down payment of 50% of the total rent after booking. You can do so by using IDEAL or a credit card. After receipt of payment, the booking is definite. If the deposit has not been received, the booking will be cancelled. The remaining amount must be paid no later than six weeks before arrival. You will receive a reminder via email with a payment request.
When booking within eight weeks before arrival, the entire amount must be paid by IDEAL or credit card immediately after booking.
The keys to your beach house can be collected from Strandpaviljoen Zee en Zon on presentation of your confirmation and valid ID.
Changes and Cancellation.
In case of cancellation up to 8 weeks (56 days) before the date of arrival, the cancellation fee is 25% of the rental amount.
In case of cancellation up to 6 weeks (42 days) before the arrival date, the cancellation fee is 50% of the rental amount.
In case of cancellation up to 4 weeks (28 days) before the arrival date, the cancellation fee is 75% of the rental amount.
In case of cancellation within 2 weeks (14 days) before the start of the rental period, the cancellation costs are 100% of the rental amount.
A rebooking is possible up to 8 weeks (56 days) before the start of the rental period in consultation and based on availability. The costs are € 25.-.
A cancellation by the renter must at all times be confirmed in writing or by e-mail, stating the reservation name, rental period and reservation number.
You are welcome to check in from 3 pm. Should you for any reason arrive after 8 pm on the day of arrival, you are kindly asked to let us know by telephone or e-mail.
On the day of departure you can check out until 10 am. If you want to leave that day before 8 am, please let us know the evening beforehand before 8 pm.
The beach houses are suitable for 5 persons. More persons are not allowed. By definition, Groups of young people are not in any case admitted.
In case of this provision is not observed, we reserve the right to terminate your stay immediately.
The following is not allowed:
• Smoking or burning incense in the house
• Bringing and using your own appliances such as barbecues, gas burners, deep fryers, ovens, baking trays, infrared lamps, electric heaters and other electrical appliances.
• Bringing pets
• Storage of goods outside
At the instruction of the fire brigade and the municipality of Katwijk, having BBQs and/or using open fires on the beach is not allowed.
From 10:30 pm, we request that you please reduce noise for other guests and people living in the immediate vicinity.
If you cause inconvenience to other guests and/or cause damage to the beach house, you run the risk of having to leave the beach house.
The renter must observe all other house regulations included in the welcome folder of the beach houses.
We trust that nature, the surroundings and the beach houses will be treated with all due respect. The main tenant (aged 21 minimum) mentioned in the confirmation is responsible for an orderly procedure in and around the beach house.
Any form of damage, impairment or loss of the inventory or the accommodation must therefore be settled directly by the main tenant. Zee en Zon will not accept any liability for this, unless due to intent and/or gross negligence on the part of (employees of) Zee en Zon:
• loss, theft, damage or accidents caused to persons and/or property during or as a result of a stay in the beach house.
• deactivating or disabling technical devices in the beach house.
Zee en Zon expressly reserves the right, if the situation so requires, to carry out necessary maintenance to the accommodation or other facilities during your stay at the beach house, without any right to compensation. This will only be done to improve the quality of your stay and your enjoyment of the beach house.
Zee en Zon will make every effort to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Despite all our due care, you may nevertheless have a complaint.
Complaints must be reported on time and on location to enable Zee en Zon to resolve the complaint.
The rental agreement is governed by Dutch law.
These General Terms and Conditions of March 2020 replace any previous related publications.
• 1] You will receive a card to drive in and out without any restrictions. Please note: this card does not entitle you to a reserved parking space. When the garage is full, you will not be able to park temporarily.